The objectives of the Egg Organisation is to establish and maintain an organisation in South Africa for the promotion, development and guidance of the commercial egg industry as an independent subsidiary branch of the South African Poultry Association equal in status to that accorded other subsidiary branches of the poultry industry.
Also aiming to improve and promote the egg industry across the country, the Egg Organisation:
- Critically evaluates the methodology of regulatory structures.
- Supports an industry code of practice.
- Liaises with government and consumer bodies.
- Collects, compiles and distributes statistics.
- Support training.
- Builds brand awareness to grow the market for the egg industry through the successful ‘Eggs are Magic’ campaign.